10 Best Barber Clippers 2022
Are you shopping around for heavy-duty clippers? If you’re a professional barber or you just need really good clippers for regular at-home use, then our review of the best barber clippers can help.
Any professional barber clipper worth its oil will certainly give you:
- Versatility. To handle different hair types, lengths and styles.
- Precision. For a definitely professional looking cut.
- High Performance. For a reliable cut without overheating or undue noise.
- Ergonomic Design. So you can comfortably hold the clipper for long periods.
Keep reading, we’ll examine more points to consider when buying barber clippers. Plus, you’ll get a current listing of the top ten clippers followed by a comprehensive review of the top three.
Selecting Cordless or Corded Barber Clippers Is One of Your Biggest Decisions
Cordless gadgets are all the rage these days. There are, however, some important advantages and disadvantages for you to consider.
- Work Space. If you’re working in cramped conditions, then the cordless clipper is definitely the one for you. You can manoeuvre around a client without having to worry about cords getting all tangled up or ending up in your way.
- Price vs. Power. Corded clippers will tend to give you more power for a lower price. With the cordless models, however, paying more might also mean getting some nice extra features with your clipper.
- Portability. The cordless models win this category hands down. You can take them anywhere whether or not there is an outlet to plug into.
- Recharging. Corded barber clippers get the edge here since forgetting to set a cordless machine to recharge, may find you out of power in the middle of a cut. You can buy spare batteries for your cordless clipper – a cost you’ll have to carefully factor into your decision of which type of clipper to buy.
Top 10 Barber Clippers Comparison Chart
|1. Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip #8148
|2. Oster Classic 76 Universal Motor Clipper
|3. Wahl Professional Super Taper II Hair Clipper #8470-500
|4. OSTER Fast Feed Adjustable Pivot Motor Clipper 76023-510
|5. Wahl Elite Pro High Performance Haircut Kit #79602
|6. Wahl Professional Cordless Designer Clipper #8591
|7. Sminiker Professional Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clippers Set
|8. Oster Model 10 Heavy Duty Clipper
|9. Oster Model 10 Heavy Duty Clipper
|10. Wahl Professional 5-Star Magic Clip #8451
What Features Should the Best Professional Hair Clippers Have?
There are many different professional grade clippers available on the market. Before you start sifting through them all for the best barber clippers, you can narrow down you search by focusing on these features:
- Accessories. The extras you get (or don’t get) with your clipper can be real deal breakers. Look for a blade guard, a cleaning brush, and oil as the basics. Other accessories like assorted comb attachments and an extra battery (for cordless models) can sweeten the deal.
- Blade. Most likely, the clipper you buy will come with at least one blade. Regardless of this, many clippers will allow you to interchange a range of blades onto your machine. Blade types you can choose from include inexpensive and durable stainless steel blades; high-performance coated blades; convenient self-sharpening blades; and ceramic blades, which are pricier but less likely to overheat.
- Size. We all know size matters, especially if you’re going to be holding your machine all day long. While lighter models might spare you from hand fatigue, heavier clippers give some users a better sense of control. Also, some clippers are more suited for larger hands than others.
- Cord Length. If you are purchasing corded barber clippers, ensure that you check the cord length: too short and you lose maneuverability; too long and you’ll end up in a tangled mess. A cord that’s in the range of 8 – 10 feet long should work quite well.
Top 3 Best Barber Clippers Reviews
What’s at the top of every barber’s wish list? The Wahl Professional 5-Star, of course! It’s got all the basics you need; then they threw in some awesome extras to make this a “must have” clipper, indeed.
These are probably some of the best barber clippers on our list since they function both as cordless and corded clippers. You get the convenience of portability and maneuverability along with the peace of mind of knowing you’re not restricted to the battery charge. Not that you have to worry about running out of charge anytime soon. This clipper has a lightweight, lithium-ion battery that will run for over 90 minutes when fully charged.
Fading and blending techniques are important skills for any barber to master and the Wahl Professional 5-Star makes it that much easier. It has a taper lever; high precision, zero-overlap blades; and eight attachment combs. Other accessories include a blade guard and a recharging transformer.
The Wahl Professional 5-Star is a commercial-grade clipper measuring a little over 6 inches and weighs just 10 ounces. It is designed to give you a secure grip, so even when used for long stretches, it still feels very comfortable in your hand.
I would know because this is the one (cord option) I own and use at home. Why the cord option? Well I don’t like charging the clippers every time I want to shave my head. Spoiler alert, I am bald, so I shave it often. I enjoy my Wahl Professional 5-Star and use it every week for the past couple of years.
The Oster Classic 76 gets very high marks all-around – it always has! Barbers have long depended on the Oster for its reliable performance. It is a single speed clipper that’s built to last with a break-resistant housing that feels pretty solid in your hand without being overly bulky. It can take a few hard knocks and still keep going.
This clipper is certainly one of the best hair clippers for barbers. It has a powerful motor which lets you cut through wet, thick hair effortlessly and with control. That power does not, however, translate into annoying noise. The Oster Classic 76, while not whisper quiet, is definitely quieter than many other commercial grade models you’ll come across.
In terms of hygiene, the Oster Classic 76 comes with a handy cleaning brush. Plus, the blades are detachable to make thorough cleaning possible as you go from one customer to the next. Lubricating oil and clipper grease are also included to help you keep the clipper working at its best.
Once you get accustomed to its slightly heavier weight, you’ll be glad to know this easy to use clipper is ready to take on your longest, busiest day.
The Wahl Professional Super Taper II is all the power you need in one neat little package. With a high-performance electromagnetic motor, this clipper is the right tool for taking on all types and textures of hair. It is specifically designed for use on thick hair and will do blends, tapers and fades with enviable precision.
At just 6.25 inches long and 1 pound, the Wahl Professional Super Taper II is truly meant for use in professional settings. It comes with all you need to guarantee customer satisfaction. There is one included blade and eight stylishly colored attachment comb-cutting guides. You also get oil and a cleaning brush for upkeep of the machine, plus a red blade guard.
The 8-foot cord gives you sufficient freedom of movement without the hassle of getting tangled in itself and everything else.