Best Body Wash for Men 2022
It may not be on the top of your priority list and you may casually select a bottle of the on sale as you pass by it in the grocery store, but there are better ways to choose.
What is it? Your body wash, guys.
Having the right soap or shower gel can make a big difference in your skin’s feel and appearance. The itching and the dry skin may actually have a lot to do with your bathing products, so we’ll start by helping you find the best body wash for men on our list below.
Finding a quality product is a lot easier than you think, and we’ll help you to compare and contrast some of the top brands in order to help you find the one that works best for you.
Before you select a body wash, here are a few things you should consider:
- Skin Sensitivities. If you have sensitive skin, then finding the right product to deal with it is your number one priority. Fragrance-free organic products are probably your best option, because many of the cheap grocery store brands are filled with products that really aren’t skin friendly.
- Scent. Added fragrances can sometimes irritate the skin, or you just might not like the smell all together.
If you wear cologne or use aftershave, you don’t want all of the scents from each product competing with one another. Fragrance-free body washes or natural herbal body washes are great. Leave the manly smell to your cologne!
Check out number eight on our list if you want something neutral.
- Gel or Bar Soap. You have options! Are you a bar soap guy or more of a gel guy? Or perhaps you’re ready to make the switch and try something new?
If you sweat a lot, bar soap might be the right choice for you. It’s great at removing oils, dirt and grime as well as helping fight odor. Check out numbers three, five and seven on our list below if you like using bar soap!
Gels are great for those with sensitive skin or when for those who need a light cleansing. The rest of our list has some great options that are both scented and scentless!
Top 10 Best Men’s Body Washes Complete Table
|1. Puracy 100% Natural Body Wash - Sulfate-Free - THE BEST Shower Gel||Two 16-ounce bottles||$$||4.7|
|2. Molton Brown Body Wash, Eucalyptus, 10 fl. oz.||10 ounces||$$$$||4.6|
|3. Soap Club Dead Sea Mud Soap Bar||One 5.3-ounce bar||$$||4.6|
|4. Thymes Body Wash - Eucalyptus||One 9.25-ounce bottle||$$||4.6|
|5. Pre De Provence 250 Gram Citrus Soap Bar - Lemongrass||One 250-gram bar||$||4.6|
|6. Oleavine Antifungal Soap with Tea Tree and Neem for Body||One 12-ounce bottle||$$||4.6|
|7. Certified Organic TEA TREE OIL Soap - by Vi-Tae® - 100% Pure, All Natural, Aromatherapy||One 4-ounce Bar||$$||4.5|
|8. Alaffia - EveryDay Shea - Moisturizing Shea Butter Body Wash||One 32-ounce Bottle||$||4.3|
|9. Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care Body Wash for Men||One 12-ounce bottle||$||4.1|
|10. Baxter of California Invigorating Body Wash, Italian Lime and Pomegranate||One 10-ounce bottle||$$$||3.8|
If you want healthy, happy skin, your entire washing routine can make a big difference. The soap or shower gel you use is just one small part of achieving great results when you bathe.
- Water Temperature. Avoid hot, scalding water. Ideally, you want to aim for 112° Fahrenheit or lower. This is the right zone to help you wash away dirt and kill bacteria while remaining comfortably warm as you bathe.
- Rinse. You may be in a hurry, but don’t jump out the shower with soap all over your body!Be sure to rinse your body thoroughly once you are done bathing. It’s important to remove any invisible layers of residue on your skin, which could dry it out considerably.
- Pat Dry. Don’t rub your skin dry with the towel. In order to avoid damaging the freshly cleaned layer of skin, gently pat yourself dry rather than raking a towel across your delicate skin.
- Sponge. If you use a sponge, be sure to let it dry out thoroughly between uses and don’t keep it in a tight, unventilated area. Leave it out in the open where it can air dry and be sure to clean the sponge regularly.
You can do so by letting it soak in vinegar water for several hours and then rinsing it clean. Leave it out to dry before you use it again.
Top 5 Best Body Wash for Men Reviews
This wonderful body wash contains natural preservatives only, so you can cleanse your body naturally every time.
It is free of sulfate, triclosan, formaldehyde, parabens, phosphates, SLS, SLES, MEA, DEA, TEA, petroleum-based ingredients, animal by-products, perfumes, dyes or caustics. Phew! So, yes, it is most definitely natural!
Developed by a team of chemists, it will gently clean and hydrate your skin without leaving a slimy, greasy residue once you’ve rinsed it off.
The fresh scent of coconut and citrus blend with the sea salt to help purify and gently exfoliate your skin.
This the best body wash for men on our list in terms of quality and price, making it well worth the investment!
When you need a fresh way to give your skin a boost, try Molton Brown Body Wash. This minty formula contains buchu extract and cardamom mixed in a Croatian mint water to give you a musky, citrus scent as you bathe.
This is great for those who just need a relaxing bath or shower after a long day. They lovely scents will calm and soothe you as you wash away the days dirt, both literally and figuratively speaking!
Another great one to try if you don’t mind the higher price tag.
Here is one of the bar soaps we mentioned to you, and we’ll start off by saying that it does come in three other scents and colors if you’re not interested in the Dead Sea Mud!
This bar soap contains natural salts and minerals from the Dead Sea: calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium.
It is a terrific natural product for those with sensitive skin or for those who suffer from skin conditions such as eczema, acne or psoriasis.
It contains extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, organicsoybean oil, hemp oil, and organic shea butter, all of which are GMO-free!
Great for all skin types: young, old, oily, dry, brown spots etc. It’s as natural as they come! Great for you guys who prefer a good bar soap to a gel.
Another great relaxing scent comes from Thymes Body Wash. It has a natural eucalyptus fragrance mixed with the citrusy smells of Italian lemon, lime and petitgrain.
The mixture of aloe vera and vitamin E will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth while the moisturizing jojoba oil and honey will hydrate your skin.
If you have particularly dry skin in the winter months, then give this a try. The refreshing smell also helps you wake up in the morning, almost as much as that cappuccino you love!
Lemon and anything else from the citrus family is always a great scent for men, so if you don’t like the lemon you can find plenty of other bar soap fragrances from Pre De Provence. Lime, Olive Oil, Green Tea or Honey Almond would all work well, especially if you’re trying to avoid getting something that is too feminine.
They have a mixture of shea butter and pure essential oils and all soaps are free of paraben, ethyl alcohol phenoxyethanol and DEA. No animal testing, either!
Affordable and great for home use or when you travel.