6 Best Clippers for Black Hair 2022
Because of its unique texture, black hair requires special cutting and trimming tools to help avoid damaged hair and poor growth. While there may be plenty of clippers on the market, not all will provide you with good cutting results.
Interested in discovering which brands make the most popular clippers for black hair? Read on, and we’ll provide you with all of the important information you need to select the right one.
The Most Important Features
- Brand. There are a few brands of clippers that are known to deal with black hair very well including, especiall Wahl. Choosing clippers from any of these brands guarantees quality.
- Durability. The best clippers for black hair are the ones that can cut through the thickest hair without developing problems or losing power over time.
- Convenience. Clippers that are easier to use are more likely to be used often. Not only will your hair look great at all times but you won’t mind cutting it. The convenience of the clippers that you choose often comes down to whether they are cordless or not. Having cordless clippers doesn’t compromise the power so it comes down to personal preference, though professionals will need clippers with a cord for time purposes.
Top 6 Clippers for Black Hair Comparison
|1. Wahl Professional Magic Clip
|Corded or Cordless
|2. Andis Professional T-Outliner
|3. Remington Shortcut Pro
|Corded or Cordless
|4. Old Spice Hair Clipper, powered by Braun
|5. Wahl Chrome Pro 24 pc Haircut Kit #79524-2501
|6. Andis Promotor and Clipper and Trimmer Combo Kit
Which Are the Best Clippers for Black Hair?
The best clippers will:
- Come with additional blades.
- Be popular enough that parts and repairs can easily be carried out when needed.
- Have a strong motor.
- Be relatively quiet.
- Come with an incredibly durable cord (when applicable).
- Have different settings and features to carry out various styles.
Having the best clippers can mean you are able to maintain your look and will also easily be able to share the clippers with family members without worrying about possible wear and tear.
Top 3 Clippers for Black Hair Reviews
Wahl produces some excellent clippers, and thanks to the stagger tooth blade on this model, you can mow through that thick, coarse hair in no time.
The Magic Clip can be used corded (best results) or cordless (90+ minutes of run time on a full charge). It comes with 8 different combs, allowing you to achieve the perfect textured fade or seamless blend or precision outlining, as needed.
Those of you in need of a versatile kit with exceptional cutting power will benefit greatly from the Magic Clip set. For high precision work, you might want to check out the next product.
For any type of fading, outlining, or beard trimming, try the Andis’ T-Outliner Clippers.
The carbon steel blade can be “zero gapped,” which means that the cutting blade can be set flush with the top blade. A feature like this is handy when you want to cut the hair all the way down to the skin. Thankfully, the motor Andis used isn’t noisy and it won’t get hot in the hand after it has been running for a while, which is good if for both barber and client (or for you if you’re using it on yourself).
If you’re looking for an excellent tool for achieving precise outlining in your barber shop but don’t want to spend too much, these clippers are great for all hair types – black included. They are also great for precision beard trimming and outlining at home, as well.
Remington’s are probably the best clippers for black hair cuts at home.
The Shortcut Pro features 9 length-adjusting combs, a travel pouch, and all necessary cleaning/oiling accessories. The battery will run for up to 40 minutes (on a full charge), but feel free to use it with the cord for maximum cutting power. It has no problem zipping through thicker, coarse black hair shafts, and don’t forget that it is water resistant and can be rinsed off between uses.
They are ideal travel clippers – especially for business men who need to maintain a clean, sharp look for important meetings and social events.
Cutting your own hair has never been so easy thanks to Shortcut Pro.