10 Best Skin Care Products for Men 2020
Let’s face it guys, when it comes to the variety of choice for skin care products, women have us long beat. Still, there are plenty really good products out there designed just for men to help keep our skin looking good and feeling healthy, too.
So, what are the best skin care products for men who want more than just a simple swipe of deodorant and splash of cologne? In our guide, we highlight some of the top products for you, ranging from bath bars to moisturizers, anti-aging creams, and much more.
Some of the Skin Care Basics I Should Know?
Before we dive into the selected products, let’s begin with some tips for you on how to care for your skin.
- Never Overlook Sunscreen. Only sunscreen works like sunscreen. If the feel of it on your skin is an issue, there are plenty lightweight options available that still feature full UVA and UVB protection.
- Moisturize. A good moisturizer always makes sense regardless of your age. Get into the habit of using a daily moisturizer now to help your skin in the future.
- Hydrate From Within. A common cause of dry skin issues is dehydration. The best skin care product for that? Water!
- Be Practical. If a product’s claims seem too good to be true, then it’s safe to say they aren’t true. Do background checks and try to distinguish fact from fiction.
- Get Professional Advice. Serious or persistent skin issues should be referred to your dermatologist. Self-treatment might just make the condition worse.
- Know Your Skin Type. Oily, dry, combination, normal and sensitive are the terms most skin care products use. You can better select products if you know which term applies to you.
Top 10 Skin Care Products for Men Chart
|Picture||Name||What do you get?||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Dove Men+Care Body and Face Bar||10 bars||$$||4.7|
|2. Brickell Men’s Daily Essential Face Moisturizer for Men||One 2-ounce bottle||$$$||4.5|
|3. Brickell Men’s Renewing Face Scrub for Men||One 4-ounce jar||$$$||4.5|
|4. Daily Power Scrub Facial Cleanser For Men||One 8-ounce bottle||$$$||4.4|
|5. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream||One 19-ounce jar||$||4.4|
|6. Dove Men+Care Face Scrub||One 5-ounce tube||$||4.2|
|7. Kyoku For Men Exfoliating Facial Scrub||One 3.4-ounce tube||$||4.2|
|8. L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Vita Lift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Daily Facial Moisturer||One 1.6-ounce pump bottle||$||4.2|
|9. Brickell Men’s Revitalizing Anti-Aging Cream||One 2-ounce jar||$$$$||4.0|
|10. Neutrogena Men Sensitive Skin Oil Free Moisture||One 1.7-ounce tube||$||4.1|
How to Shop for Skin Care Products for Men
The wide range of skin care products available today leave you with no excuse avoid caring for your skin. Our simple tips will help you find the ones that will work for you.
- Be Seasonal. Each season’s temperature and humidity level call for a different type of skin care product. For example, go for deep cleansers in the summer months to help remove excess oil from your pores. In the colder months, a lighter, more nourishing product will do just fine.
- Treat Sensitive Skin Right. Even if you wouldn’t describe your skin as sensitive, be aware that certain areas can be more sensitive than others. Avoid products that will dry out skin or which contain unnecessary fragrances, as these can lead to allergic reactions. Use a new product sparingly and see how your skin reacts first before ordering a batch.
- Ask a Friend. If you are simply unsure of what products to use, then ask around and do a little research. Reviews like this one are very helpful as is the advice you get from family and friends.
- Don’t Overspend. Just because a product costs more, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will work any better than a cheaper one. Some of the best skin care products for men are affordably priced and contain the same ingredients as pricier brands. That said, there will be times when the extra spend will be worth it as an investment in the health of your skin.
- Find out About Returns. It is true that you will never really know how a skin care product works for you until you actually try it on your skin. For this reason, a solid return policy is a major bonus. Find out under which conditions returns and refunds will be honored; who pays shipping costs; and how long the whole process is likely to take.
Top 3 Best Skin Care Products for Men Reviews
The Dove Men+Care Body and Face Bar makes it to the top our list for a few good reasons. First, bathing is a daily routine so, what’s better than to add true skin care to that exercise? With this bath bar, you’re not just removing dirt and grime; you are also purifying and moisturizing your skin in the process. Plus, you end up smelling great!
We like its exfoliating action which can be attributed to the micro-grains each bar contains. They leave your skin smooth and refreshed by gently scrubbing away dead skin cells.
The newly exposed skin isn’t left unprotected either, as the Dove Men+Care Body and Face Bar is formulated with one-quarter moisturizer to nourish skin and combat dryness.
A couple of other things we noticed and liked with this bath bar are that it lathers up very easily and rinses clean with little effort. The bar does degrade relatively quickly if kept in too damp conditions, so protecting it from excess water is a good idea.
We often find that the best skin care products for men (and women) are those that rely on the power of natural ingredients. The Brickell Men’s Daily Essential Face Moisturizer does just that.
Its formula includes jojoba oil which is widely known and used in skin care products for its ability to nourish and protect skin. It also contains aloe vera as a moisturizer and a source of antioxidants. For anti-aging effects, the Brickell Men’s Daily Essential Face Moisturizer contains green tea, whose antioxidants are proven to fight the effects of free radicals on your skin.
We’re impressed by all of those and the fact that this bottle goes a long way. You just need to massage a small amount into your skin to benefit from its all natural ingredients. Especially persons with dry and sensitive skin should see really pleasing results with this.
Much of our skin care woes originate from the fact that the pores of our skin get clogged with debris. That’s why exfoliating is a vital part of any skin care routine. Brickell Men’s Renewing Face Scrub contains jojoba beads and pumice (light and porous natural volcanic rock) to gently unclog pores by removing dirt, dead skin cells, and oils from your skin.
We found this Brickell Men’s Renewing Face Scrub for Men particularly useful as part of a shaving routine. Apart from the jojoba and pumice, this scrub’s other 98% natural and 70% organic ingredients include avocado butter, aloe vera, and Vitamin E. Combined, they work wonderfully to clean, nourish and protect skin.