6 Best Exfoliators for Men 2020
There are way too many exfoliators out there on the shelves and for those of you who don’t know much about them, we can imagine that your instinct is to grab the first one you see.
No! Stop right there!
The problem with most of the exfoliators you find at the grocery store is that they do not, we repeat; do not help your skin. You grab it because you see “man” or “men” printed on the front and trust that it will do what it claims to do.
Unfortunately, that’s not how it works. There are many ingredients in cheap, low-quality brands that will irritate your skin further, so rather than trusting the marketing of a product, focus more on the ingredients.
WE will help you find the best exfoliator for men because we’ve taken the time to check the ingredients and will share our findings with you below. Great products = great skin!
Face Washing – In Steps
Some of you might be new to your skin care routine or others may need a refresher course (even though they don’t realize it yet), so here is the step-by-step process:
- Cleanse. Do this twice a day: once in the AM and once in the PM. When you dry off your face, PAT it dry; do not rub! Rubbing is like taking sand paper and scraping it across your face! Pat, pat, pat (and do it gently!)
- Exfoliate. Do this a few times a week (we’ll discuss more about it below).
- Tone. This will absorb the excess oil and dirt on your face that cleansing missed. It also tightens up the pores.
- Correct. This is where you would add on any specialty creams or spot treatments for acne, wrinkles, sores, blotches, etc.
- Moisturize. Top it all off with a healthy dose of moisture and you’re set!
On days that you don’t exfoliate or if you don’t use any additional creams/serums, just skip those steps and proceed to the next one.
Top 6 Exfoliators for Men Table
|1. Exfoliating Tea Face Scrub||$$$||4.7|
|2. Facial Scrub - Blueberry Cranberry Anti Oxidant Face Exfoliating Scrub||$$||4.5|
|3. Organic Exfoliating Facial Sugar Scrub||$$$$||4.4|
|4. Blueberry Oxygen Facial Scrub - Loaded with Antioxidants||$$||4.3|
|5. Konjac Sponge (3 Pack) Activated Bamboo Charcoal||$||4.3|
|6. Aveeno Positively Ageless Resurfacing Scrub||$||4.2|
Q & A
Not sure what exfoliating is all about or why you should do it?
Here we have the answers to some of the most common questions:
- Why? Exfoliating is especially important for you guys who shave. Since exfoliating removes the dead skin cells on top of your skin, you are preventing the hair follicles on your face from clogging.
As for the rest of the face, exfoliating does the same thing: it removes the dead skin cells (out with the old and in with the new).
- How Often? Rule number one: you don’t exfoliate every day. This will irritate your skin rather than help it.
Ideally, you want to exfoliate every two-three days or so, but it depends on your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, you might exfoliate once or twice a week max.
- How Much Will I Have To Spend? As they say, friends, “You get what you pay for.”
If you’re going to bother to exfoliate in the first place, that tells us that you do care about your skin, so you might have to be willing to spend a little more on skin care products.
Expect to spend between 15-30 bucks for something decent, and if that is way out of the question, then we suggest that you check out number six. Budget friendly and (mostly) skin friendly. It’s a decent product if you don’t have super sensitive skin.
Top 3 Best Exfoliator for Men Reviews
This is a gentle exfoliator (very important when exfoliating!) that uses jojoba beads and pumice to help you remove dead skin cells and dirt.
The scent is very refreshing (like you just came out of a spa) so if any of you are worried about a product that smells too “girly,” this one is fine.
Green tea is a wonderful antioxidant for the skin and this scrub does its job quite well for any who use it.
The next best face scrub for men is this one from Derma-nu.
It has a healthy blend of plant extracts and essential oils, all great for your skin.
Here are the ingredients:
If you have any food allergies or highly sensitive skin, this might make you break out. It works well for many, but not for everyone.
Oh and it smells great! Fruity (naturally) and nothing overpowering that your cologne can’t cover.
This is the most expensive option on our list but that’s because it’s the best exfoliator for men (and women) in our opinion. A natural, organic and gentle exfoliator!
The ingredients are simple and straightforward, so there’s no guesswork and wondering what in the heck is in the stuff.
If you’ve experimented with similar products in the past and you’re looking for something organic, cruelty-free and all natural, then this is worth the investment. If you’re not sure and you’d rather not spend so much, then you can check out some of scrubs we recommend above!