10 Best Trimmers for Men 2020
Nothing says sexy like being well groomed.
That takes extra effort for those of us sporting beards and mustaches, but it’s so worth it! Honestly, though, if you’re using the best trimmer for men, keeping facial hair looking spiffy has never been easier.
When you decide to leave ordinary razors behind and step up to a trimmer specifically designed for beards and mustaches, the variety can be overwhelming. Your best bet? Hear what guys who have been stroking dandy-looking beards and ’staches for years have to say.
That’s where our trimmer review comes in. We’ll share the best brands and the top ten models with you. We’ll also show you what makes the top three trimmers leaders of the pack.
What Should You Know Before Buying a Trimmer?
The important thing when trimmer shopping is finding one that works for you. Remember, the best trimmer for you won’t necessarily be best for someone else. Consider.
- Your Trimming Preference. Ideally, you want a trimmer that can do both wet and dry trimming. Even if you typically prefer one over the other, having the option to do either comes in quite handy.
- Your Hair Type. Some trimmers will boast the ability to tackle all types of hair – long, short, thick, thin. Others are made specifically for the type of hair you have and the length of hair you want to keep in check.
- Your Skin Type. If you have sensitive skin, don’t worry, there are trimmers that will protect your skin while helping you get the exact look you’re after. Check for hypoallergenic materials and the ability to fully clean the trimmer parts.
- Your Budget. Look for a trimmer that’s priced within your range and is durable as well as versatile. With all the options out there, you’re sure to find a great trimmer you can afford.
Top 10 Trimmers for Men Comparison Chart
|1. Remington MB4045B The Beardsman Beard Boss Full Beard Kit||Cordless||$$$||4.4|
|2. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000||Cordless||$||4.5|
|3. Conair Corded Beard and Mustache Trimmer||Corded||$||4.3|
|4. Wahl Power Pro Corded Grooming Kit #9686||Corded||$$||4.3|
|5. Panasonic Hair and Beard Trimmer||Both||$$$$||4.3|
|6. Philips Norelco GoStyler, Trim and Shape||Cordless||$||4.3|
|7. Andis Slimline Pro Li T-blade Trimmer||Cordless||$$$$||4.3|
|8. Remington PG6171 The Crafter: Beard Boss Style and Detail Kit||Cordless||$$$||4.3|
|9. Andis Professional T-Outliner Beard/Hair Trimmer||Corded||$$$$||4.2|
|10. Philips Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit||Cordless||$$||4.2|
What Does the Perfect Trimmer for Men Have to Offer?
In recent years, there has been a rapid development of the design and function of grooming equipment. Here are some of the features you should be on the lookout for.
- Length Settings. The more, the merrier! That way, you get the chance to experiment with your look. Perhaps you’ll rock that 5 o’clock shadow for a couple of months then decide to mix things up with a look inspired by Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine. With multiple length settings, you can get those styles and everything in-between.
- Ease-of-Use. Although many trimmers nowadays incorporate the latest in science and technology, using one shouldn’t be rocket science. There are plenty great trimmers out there without all the fussy displays and settings for guys who prefer to keep things simple.
- Ergonomics. Trimmers tend to have a much sleeker design than hair clippers. They fit snugly in your hand giving you more control as you more around the contours of your face. As you shop around, keep the design in mind – the last thing you want is a clumsy-to-grasp trimmer or one that keeps slipping from your hand!
- Low Maintenance. Unless you really like dismantling stuff and putting them back together again, the best advice here is to stick to trimmers that are as low maintenance as possible. Think self-sharpening blades and a quick rinse under the tap to clean. Anything that has to be detached for cleaning should easily snap or slide back into place.
- The Extras. Special attachments for trimming nose and ear hairs are always welcomed. A vacuum function is also quite nice to help you keep the countertop and sink clean.
Top 3 Best Trimmer for Men Reviews
It’s cordless, sleek and takes all the basics into account. No wonder the Remington MB4045B The Beardsman Beard Boss tops most lists as the best trimmer for men.
We like that it comes with three combs of varying lengths and a zoom wheel that adjusts their positon and locks them in place. The trimmer also has a pop-up precision detailing blade for getting into hard to reach spots and for shaping up your sideburns and moustache. Plus, if you’ve always had trouble getting that perfect line on the bottom edge of your beard, the precision detail blade of The Beardsman Beard Boss does the trick.
The cordless Remington MB4045B The Beardsman Beard Boss’ lithium battery charges in four hours and can then run for a full 2 hours. You definitely won’t need all that time though. Its self-sharpening titanium coated precision-cut blades make quick work of your trimming routine.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 is an upgrade on the company’s 3100 series. While the original got plenty rave reviews, we can assure you that the manufacturer took a good thing and made it even better.
Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000’s lets you effortlessly maintain your chosen look. It has a powerful and lightweight lithium battery which runs for up to 60 minutes when fully charged. Its tempered steel blades are self-sharpening and guaranteed not to rust or corrode. Plus, like all the trimmer’s 13 attachments, the blades can be rinsed clean with water.
There’s a full-sized blade for working on larger areas; a precision trimmer for getting into hard to reach spots; a nose and ear trimmer for keeping unsightly hair at bay; and three hair guards that let you quickly do touch-ups around your hair line. There are also three beard guards and a stubble guard so that you can trim anywhere on your face with confidence.
Working with those attachments, you quickly realize they are what makes the Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3000 so versatile. It’s the best trimmer for men who need one machine to do it all.
If you’re on a tight budget but still need a trimmer with quality materials and design – go with the Conair Corded Beard and Mustache Trimmer. It’s a simple machine that does just what it says it’s supposed to do without all the bells and whistles.
This trimmer has stainless steel blades that should outlast the 2-year warranty that the device comes with. The blades are pretty easy to remove and rinse clean, then can just as easily be fitted back in place.
The straightforward operation of the Conair Corded Beard and Mustache Trimmer includes a five-position comb and two jawline combs for detail work. That’s it – no multilength settings or numerous attachments. Also, this is a corded model, so maneuverability maybe a bit limited. We find, however, that if you are specifically looking for a basic trimmer, this one is your best pick at a good price.