10 Best Double Edge Razors 2020
Getting the very best DE razor is all about taking your shaving experience to the next level. The manufacturers of these types of razors believe that they are creating works of art and not just tools for a morning routine. This means that you should be properly informed before making the final decision.
We have crafted this guide to the best double edge razor options to make sure you have all the facts and tips that you need and to make your search easier we have collected together the top ten available razors on the market right now.
Keep Length In Mind
Probably one of the most overlooked features of any double edged razor is the length of the handle and the head. Whether you are just getting into using a DE razor or you have done so for years you should certainly keep this in mind.
Here are some points to remember when choosing the length:
- Try to match the length of the razor you normally use.
- Longer options will be harder to use on tighter angles.
- The longer the handle the smoother the movement will be.
- Make sure you note the head to handle ratio and don’t simply look at the total length.
Top 10 Double Edge Razors Comparison Table
|1. Seki Edge Feather All Stainless Steel Double Edge Safety Razor||4.0”||$$$$||4.7|
|2. Merkur-Razor Progress Long Handle Adjustable Safety Razor||5.3”||$$$||4.6|
|3. Merkur Heavy Duty Long Barber Pole Safety Razor||3.75”||$$||4.6|
|4. Muhle Open Comb Double Edge Safety Razor||4.2”||$$$||4.6|
|5. WEISHI Long Handle Version Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor||4.33”||$$||4.5|
|6. Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl Lined Detail Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor||3.9”||$$||4.5|
|7. Best Double Edge Safety Razor Wet Shave Kit by Shaveology||3.9”||$$$||4.5|
|8. Perfecto Double Edge Long Handled Safety Razor||3.5”||$||4.4|
|9. Parker 96R - Long Handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor||4”||$$||4.4|
|10. Double Edge Safety Razor for a Smooth Wet Shave||3.5”||$||3.7|
Deciding Between the DE Razor Options
The key to choosing between the various options on our list is to understand the different designs that are included on it. The three different types we have included are:
- Two-Piece. This is the most common type of DE razor that you will see. All you need to do is open up the cap and then put the blade into place. The handle and the head are a solid piece and this means that you will get more control during your shave. The only downside to this type of double edge razor is that it is the hardest to clean.
- Three-Piece. The three pieces of this razor are the base of the head, the top of the head and the handle. It is very easy to take apart and put back together, which also means it is much easier to clean. By carefully looking after a three-piece model it will last you a very long time.
- Butterfly Heads. It is a new take on the one-piece, which has faded into the history of razors, but this type requires a twist to get the razor into place. This is the easiest option to detach and attach and is one of the most durable options available.
- Pro Tip. The razor holder is only as good as the blade that you put into it. While you don’t need to go overboard on the price of the blade it should be changed at least every three shaves. The best possible rate of changing the blade, however, would be after a single-use.
Top 3 Best Double Edge Razor Reviews
The first thing that you will notice about the Jatai Feather Seki Edge Feather All Stainless Steel Double Edge Razor is the weight and the quality of the product, which is reassuring after spending a bit more on a razor. This is a high-end razor and is more expensive but this is for good reason.
With this model, you are very unlikely to cut yourself or have any nicks. This also leads to very little irritation to the skin, which is always a good thing. The razor itself is not very aggressive for shaving and getting close but this is something that can be totally controlled by you as your shave.
The handle and the body of the razor are made of stainless steel so you know they will last for a very long time. Anyone that prefers or wants to get into shaving with a double edge razor should definitely try this one out.
Merkur is one of the most well-known names in the razor industry and for good reason. The Merkur-Razor Progress Long Handle Adjustable Safety Razor has all of the quality and performance you could ask for from your razor.
This particular model has an especially long handle, which is great for anyone that uses the razor on places other than the face or for anyone that wants to have as much control and flexibility as possible when it comes to a high-quality product like this.
With this razor, you will be able to get all of the odd contours of your neck without having problems with cuts or irritation. There is no better razor for overall shaving. Considering the weight of the razor and the quality, this is actually a bargain buy too.
The Merkur Heavy Duty Long Barber Pole Safety Razor has been designed to give the user maximum control and precision, which is exactly what it does. This razor is slightly heavier than others of the same quality and stature but that is something that can be attributed to the quality of the materials that have been used to make it.
A closed comb, close shave is guaranteed whenever you use this product, which is one of the reasons it is so great for daily use. You will get closer to your skin without tearing the surface or leaving your face rashy and cut up.
If you are between two different products, know that this is the best double edge razor for maximum user control. Every feature of this razor factors in perfectly to giving you the shave that you want to look your best.