10 Best Wahl Clippers 2022
Have you ever wondered why Wahl clippers are so popular among the barbers you’ve visited? It’s, in part, due to Wahl’s extensive line of grooming products and also because those products are good at what they are designed to do.
With such a wide range, however, finding the best Wahl clippers for your personal or professional use can become downright mind-boggling. That is why we have gone ahead and put together this review of Wahl clippers for you. The top ten Wahl clippers are listed, plus we give you a good look at what puts the top three out in front of the line-up.
How do I Care for Wahl Clippers?
The best clippers will typically be at the pricier end of the scale. With proper maintenance, however, the investment will be well worth it.
- Keep the Blades Clean. This is the basic hygiene rule for clippers. Most clippers come with at least a cleaning brush to help you remove debris, such as loose hairs, from around the blade. If yours didn’t or you have misplaced it, then a toothbrush is an okay substitute.
- Wash the Comb Attachments. Clean the attachments by removing them from the clipper and washing them in warm soapy water. Give them a scrub with a rag, if needed, then rinse and dry them thoroughly.
- Apply Oil. Forgetting to oil your clippers can lead to them suffering unnecessary wear and tear and eventually breaking down. Apply oil to the clipper’s blade, turn on the clipper and let it run for a few seconds. Wipe away excess oil, and you’re good to go.
- Use a Spray. Professionals, especially, find it’s very useful to have clipper spray handy as it serves several functions. It cools the blades, disinfects them, prevents rusting and reduces wear and tear.
Top 10 Wahl Clippers Ultimate Chart
|1. Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip #8148
|2. Wahl Professional Super Taper II Hair Clipper #8470-500
|3. Wahl Elite Pro High Performance Haircut Kit #79602
|4. Wahl Professional Cordless Designer Clipper #8591
|5. Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper #8110
|6. Wahl Professional All Star Clipper/Trimmer Combo #8331
|6 Clippers + 4 Trimmers
|7. Wahl Professional Reflections Senior Clipper #8501
|8. Wahl Color Pro Complete Hair Clipper Kit
|9. Wahl Home Barber Kit #79524-3001
|10. Wahl Deluxe Chrome Pro 25 pc #79524-5201
How do I Shop for Wahl Clippers?
Wahl Clippers fall into two basic categories: home and professional. Knowing the differences can help you select the best Wahl clippers for your needs.
- Price. As you would expect, professional clippers tend to be more expensive than those intended for home use. That’s because professional models are built to higher standards to withstand the rigors of continuous daily use.
- Features. Clippers that are meant to be used by professionals will typically have more features to allow for more styling options. Home use clippers will be less customizable with fewer settings and attachments to choose from.
- Power. Greater power in your clippers translates into fewer strokes, a cleaner cut and less time spent cutting. Those are benefits professionals are really after. Being able to get through more jobs efficiently will certainly improve your profitability.
- Ease of Use. Ease-of-use is a very important trait for clippers regardless of whether they are meant for home or professional use. Clippers designed for home use, however, will generally require less skill and experience for you to get a decent looking haircut.
- Reliability. Whether for home or professional use, most people would rather not purchase clippers that are very high maintenance. Apart from the routine of caring for your clippers (which we looked at above), you should be able to depend on your clippers to perform as expected with each use.
Top 3 Best Wahl Clippers Reviews
Precision, power, and flexibility – those are the best traits of the Wahl Professional 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip.
This commercial grade clipper is designed with zero-overlap 2161 blades for superior speed and high precision. That along with its handy taper lever makes the 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip pretty good at fading and blending.
Because this clipper is cordless, you get extra maneuverability as well (especially if cutting your hair in the mirror). You can concentrate on creating the angles and curves of a particular style without worrying about a cord getting in the way or becoming tangled.
This Magic Clip model has a lightweight lithium ion battery for convenient cordless operation. The clipper runs for over 90 minutes when charged but also offers you the versatility of being run from an outlet in case you are unable to recharge it between cuts. What’s more, you can go ahead and use the clipper as it charges.
One of the best things about this clipper is how good it feels in your hand. It weighs 10 ounces and is 6.25 inches long, solidly built and shaped just right. Professionals can comfortably use it for extended periods without straining the hands.
This is the one I use personally use and own (cord option). In the past I had to throw away clippers just because their batery wasn’t good. This left me with recharging the clipper before each usage! This was a long time ago, and it wasnt a Wahl brand, but I decided to play it safe and go with a cord option. With that said, this is the best clipper I ever owned, and I love it. Not sure what needs to happen for me to own a different one.
The second placed clipper in our “Best Wahl Clippers” line-up is the Wahl Professional Super Taper II. To begin with, if you like a heftier hand-feel from your clipper, then this 1-pounder is an excellent choice. It is 6.25 inches long just like our top pick (the 5-Star Cord/Cordless Magic Clip) but is about one-and-a-half times heavier.
The Super Taper II is a corded machine with a powerful V5000 electromagnetic motor. It’s designed as a heavy-duty cutter for thicker hair, and because it is a commercial grade cutter, you can use it on customers’ hair all day long without any drop in performance. This clipper is a little on the noisier side, but not so much that we’d say it is downright annoying.
As advertised, this is a great choice for tapering, fades ad blends. The sharp blades and powerful motor keep snags and pulls to a bare minimum if any at all. To help you give the perfect cut, there are eight colored attachment combs ranging in size from one-eighth inch to one inch in increments of one-eighth of an inch.
It seems Wahl gave their Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit the best of everything! It designed with self-sharpening precision blades that are backed by a 5-year warranty from the company. (The clipper itself comes with a lifetime warranty.)
Ther kit includes 10 super tough attachment combs which are very conveniently sized – smallest one being one-sixteenth of an inch. The combination of the Elite Pro’s blades, guide combs, and powerful motor makes this a great choice as an at-home clipper.
We like that it comes with so many accessories which enable you to take care of the clipper plus go through the entire haircut routine with top-quality equipment. With the Elite Pro High-Performance Haircut Kit, you get a blade brush and oil, styling scissor and comb, plus a haircutting cape and a sturdy bag to keep the attachment combs in.