10 Best Mustache Waxes 2020
Your mustache is growing and now you need a way to control and shape it like a pro. Having the best mustache wax can help you do that, but it is difficult to know where to start.
Sorting through all of the most important aspects of mustache wax is something we have done for you in the following guide. Making the most of this advice will bring you and your mustache to choosing the very best wax possible.
- The Ingredients. The style and control that you can get with the right wax often comes down to the combination of the ingredients used to make it. These can come in many forms depending on what will react well with your skin and what might be important in your maintenance routine.
Consider whether or not you would like a wax that is organic, tinted, soy free, vegan, petrochemical free or has the traditional petrochemical makeup. Decide how this construction will affect the way the best mustache wax will react with your facial hair and skin.
- Strength of the Hold. The strength that you need essentially comes down to the styles you would like to be able to create and how well your facial hair will cooperate.
For a simply cleaner look to your existing mustache shape, a light or medium hold will be more than enough. For any kind of design, twist or change of direction, you should seek out the strong or extra strong holds. This will ensure the wax is effective and holds your mustache in place throughout the day.
Top 10 Mustache Waxes Comparison Table
|Picture||Name||Strength of Hold||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Premium Mustache Wax - HUGE 2 oz Metal Tin||Medium||$$$$||4.6|
|2. Primary Moustache Wax | Medium Hold||Medium||$$$||4.5|
|3. Firehouse Moustache Wax Wacky Tacky||Extra Strong||$$$||4.4|
|4. Secondary Moustache Wax | For an Extra Strength||Extra Strong||$$$||4.3|
|5. The Bearded Goon's Ridiculously Strong Beard and Handlebar Mustache Wax||Extra Strong||$$$||4.3|
|6. Wild Willie's Mustache Wax Original - The Only Hard Wax||Medium||$||4.2|
|7. Honest Amish Original Beard Wax - All Natural and Organic||Medium-Low||$$||4.1|
|8. Stache Bomb Stache Wax Mustache Wax Made In Maine||Strong||$||4.0|
|9. Mustache Wax by Mountaineer Brand - All-Natural||Medium||$||3.9|
|10. Dubs Stache Cream "FIRM" - Moustache Wax||Strong-Medium||$||3.9|
Understanding a Good Mustache Wax
Being able to achieve your desired style in a way that will last and is convenient is important to choosing the best mustache wax for you. Consider the following to better understand your options:
- Scent. This is a product that will be under your nose for the entire day. While you might like to have a woodsy, manly smell, you should consider the potency of that smell and how long it will be strongly lingering on your upper lip.
- Traditional vs Modern Wax. The traditional mustache wax is generally made with a combination of beeswax and petroleum jelly to give the user a lighter hold. This is also something that is made with more chemicals in order to have an easier application process.
Modern wax is often made without chemicals and takes the form of a wax in a tin that is harder to work with as it needs to be clumped and warmed in your hands before it can be applied.
- Application. Applying the wax and being able to do so with ease is very important. Read how to apply the wax before purchasing as many require that you heat the tin before use while others make it possible to simply warm the amount that you would like to use by rubbing it between your fingers or running hot water from the tap over the tin.
Top 3 Best Mustache Wax Reviews
From the very first time you use the Beardsmen Spirit wax, you will understand all of the fuss and become a fan. The first thing to note is how easy this wax is to use. You simply scrape a bit of it off, rub it between your fingers and thumb to warm it up and you’re well on your way to having the best looking mustache in town.
The nice woodsy smell of this wax just adds to its appeal. It is pleasant enough to have under your nose all day without obstructing other scents or causing headaches either. This wax is more of a yellow or amber color and disappears perfectly into any type of mustache.
The hold is something to marvel at as well. You can easily shape your stache into the perfect handlebar and know that it will stay for the whole day without feeling too stiff.
Many of the stronger waxes are more difficult to use, but Can You Handlebar Primary makes it easy. This is a medium hold mustache wax that can be applied with ease. It has been made with ingredients to keep your mustache moisturized as well as dandruff-free.
This is the kind of wax that is suited for a low maintenance man that just wants to get good shape and hold and be on his way. This is something that has contributed to this being the best mustache wax for daily use.
The scent is really nice and light but has a pleasant lingering in your mustache that you can enjoy whenever you get a whiff during the day. If you use this wax daily, it should last for well over a month too.
The Firehouse Wacky Tacky is a wax that is exactly as its name would suggest, very tacky.
This is some heavy-duty wax with a lot of hold, which makes it perfect for anyone that likes a more stylized mustache. Even though this wax does come as a darker color in the can, this doesn’t affect the color of your mustache or leave any residue.
As this is a tacky wax, it does need to be warmed up before it can be used effectively. Otherwise, you will just have sticky chunks in your hands rather than a really high-quality wax to use and shape freely.
Like most mustache wax options, this product does have a very woodsy smell. This is a bit stronger, however, and therefore the wax should be applied accordingly.