10 Best Razors for Shaving Your Head 2020
Whether you are thinking about shaving your head for the first time or if you need a better way to be able to maintain your look, getting the right razor is crucial. No matter how experienced you are with shaving your head, you will likely still get nicks and cuts if the razor is not right.
As the best razor for shaving your head will make the whole process faster as well as prevent you from cutting yourself, it is important to get to know all of the options. This is why we have created this guide to the top ten available razors for shaving your head and exactly how to decide between them.
What to Look For
While you are looking over our list of the available razors, here are some key points you should keep in mind.
- Accessories. Your head shaver doesn’t just have to be a simple tool. Many of the options on our list come with a range of additional extras that mean you can use the razor for a variety of different parts of your head and face.
- Effectiveness. There is no really easy way of checking this without using the razor yourself. You can, however, turn to expert reviews. These opinions will give you everything you need to know about how well the razor will shave your head before you make any final purchases.
- Safety. The main concern of anyone looking to shave their head is whether the razor is going to cut them or not. When you are looking at the various options on the list, pay special attention to the safety mechanisms and exactly how they prevent any damage to your scalp.
Top 10 Razors for Shaving Your Head Comparison
|1. Merkur Heavy Duty Double Edge Razor||Non-Electric.||$||4.7|
|2. Philips Norelco QC5580/40 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper Pro||Battery-Powered.||$$$||4.5|
|3. Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit||Battery-Powered.||$$||4.5|
|4. Gillette Mach3 Turbo Men's Razor with 1 MACH3 Turbo Men's Razor Blade||Non-Electric.||$||4.4|
|5. Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Men's Electric Razor||Battery-Powered.||$$$||4.3|
|6. Andis T-Outliner Trimmer with T-Blade||Corded.||$$||4.1|
|7. HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor||Non-Electric.||$||3.8|
|8. Skull Shaver Bald Eagle Smart||Battery-Powered.||$$$$||3.8|
|9. Wahl Rechargeable Custom Shaver||Battery-Powered.||$$||3.8|
|10. Wahl Professional 8061-100 5-star Series Rechargeable Shaver Shaper||Battery-Powered.||$$||3.8|
Knowing Which Razor to Choose
On our table, we have included a range of different types of razor. Here are the benefits of choosing each of the three options:
- Non-Electric. These are the traditional razors. Generally, this type of razor will get the closest shave. The only problem comes with the fact that it is more difficult to be able to shave the parts of your head that you can’t see and that you are more likely to cut yourself in the process.
This type of razor is certainly only recommended for those that are absolutely confident in their shaving skills
- Battery-Powered. One that is battery-powered is easily the best razor for shaving your head for most people. They generally come with more technology and are better suited to shaving in places that cannot be seen.
There is a wide selection of devices and they usually come with the most amount of attachments for specialized shaving. For those that want to be able to shave their own heads quickly and easily, then the battery-powered razors are the best options available.
- Corded. We have also included a single example of a corded razor. This is exactly the same as the battery-powered options but the power cord means it will never lose its strength and this means it will be less likely to snag on the hairs on your head.
Top 3 Best Razor for Shaving Head Reviews
It is so much easier to have a shaved head and to maintain it when you have the Merkur Heavy Duty Double Edge razor. With this little tool, you can really get a close shave without worrying about getting cuts or having to carefully navigate around your head.
This razor has some weight to it, which is probably at least part of the reason that it is able to get such a close shave. If you get lazy with the razor, then you might experience a few ingrown hairs here and there but it is nothing when you compare it to the hack jobs done with other razors.
This comes highly recommended for anyone that is starting to shave their head regularly. It should be noted however that it is very important to maintain the blades to get the best results.
The Philips Norelco QC5580/40 Do-It-Yourself Pro is the answer to all of your hair maintenance prayers. These hair clippers give you a closer shave than you would expect from an electric clipper or really anything that is short of a proper barber’s shave.
One of the reasons this little beauty is able to get such great results is the 180-degree rotating head. This makes shaving your head so much more comfortable and so much quicker. It is easier to handle and means that you don’t need to manipulate your hands into weird positions.
This is the best razor for shaving your head but it is also a great all around electric razor and clipper for any cutting that you may need to do with quite a few settings and attachments.
The Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro has been designed to shave to the shape of your head, so it is no surprise that it does an amazing job. The shape of the entire electric razor/clipper itself means that it fits perfectly in your hand and is easy to manipulate and to shave quickly.
This is an incredibly powerful little tool as it does everything you would want your hair clippers to do and will cut through even really thick hairs without snagging. The wide blade is part of the reason for this and a main factor in why this is such a great razor in general.
For a mid-range price, this is an ideal product. It does a lot more than the basic cheap razors but it is also technologically advanced enough to do a good job whenever you need to shave.