5 Best Versace Colognes 2020
Their fragrances are fresh and appealing, and their price range makes them more affordable to those of you who aren’t interested in dropping $200 or more for a bottle of fragrance.
Whether you’re a well-seasoned Versace fan looking for something new to try or if you’re new to fragrance shopping all together and you need a little guidance choosing the right one, here you’ll find all you need to know about the best Versace cologne fragrances.
Before You Choose
Choosing the right fragrance requires a bit of trial and error, however there are a few things to take into consideration if you want to at least narrow down your choices:
- Season. Chances are that you’ll probably have a few fragrances on hand that will go with the changing season.
Light, fresh citrusy scents are more popular in the warmer months, as are marine-based scents, whereas wooded, spicy scents will work best in the colder months.
- Occasion. There are some who can pull off a fragrance at any occasion and others who find that the same fragrance will only work best in certain situations.
Decide if you’re in need of a good daily scent or if you’d like to step it up a notch with a more important scent for formal occasions.
Top 5 Versace Cologne Complete Chart
|1. Versace Man Eau Fraiche||Eau de Toilette||3.4 oz.||$$$||4.5|
|2. Versace Signature||Eau de Toilette||6.7 oz.||$$$||4.5|
|3. Versace Eros Men||Eau de Toilette||6.7 oz.||$$$$||4.5|
|4. Blue Jeans||Eau de Toilette||2.5 oz.||$||4.5|
|5. Dreamer||Eau de Toilette||3.4 oz.||$$||4.4|
Notes and Fragrances
Even those of you who know a bit about fragrances and scents might need a little refresher course. If you’re new to the scene, then we have a breakdown of the terminology for you.
- Fragrances. Beginners tend to refer to all fragrances for men as “cologne.” The problem with this is that there is a huge difference between a cologne and eau de toilette since each one contains a different concentration of essences inside.
- Perfume. Contains 20-30% concentrated oils and lasts around 12 hours
- Eau de Parfum. Contains 15-20% concentrated oils and lasts around 6-8 hours
- Eau de Toilette. Contains 5-15% concentrated oils and lasts 4-6 hours
- Eau de Cologne. Contains 2-4% concentrated oils and lasts 3-4 hours
While you may be searching for the best Versace cologne, you might find that the fragrance you choose is an eau de toilette or eau de parfum.
Many men make the mistake of thinking that perfume is only for women, but as you can see, it has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with percentage of concentrated oils inside the bottle.
- Notes. It’s not something you jot down at a business meeting or the little symbols on sheet music, these notes are referring to individual scents.
- Top Notes. You’ll detect these as soon as you spray a fragrance. They wear off quickly and leave you with the next level of fragrance.
- Middle Notes. This next level consists of the middle notes, or heart notes. The heart of the fragrance is found here.
- Base Notes. Near the very end of the fragrances life, you will start to detect the base notes. You won’t be able to detect these until after a few hours after you’ve sprayed it on yourself.
Remember that each fragrance reacts differently with each man’s chemistry. There are also many factors that can affect the fragrance once you wear it, such as stress, diet and any medications you take.
Don’t judge a scent on the first whiff! Give it some time and it will begin to speak more in depth to you.
Top 3 Best Versace Colognes Reviews
The mix of citrus, wood and herbs makes this ideal as a daily fragrance that will show off your masculinity.
Top Notes: Carambola, White Lemon and Rosewood
Middle Notes: Cedar Leaves, Tarragon and Clary Sage
Base Notes: Sycamore wood, Amber and Musk
This is a very Mediterranean scent that’s both spicy and fresh. It is subtle yet intriguing, a combination that those around you surely take notice of. Based on popularity of the product, it’s definitely one of the best Versace cologne (or in this case eau de toilettes) on the list.
Top Notes: Diamante Citrus, Bitter Orange Leaves and Neiroli Flowers
Middle Notes: Clary Sage and Blue Hyacinth
Base Notes: Amber and Musk
Eros is an intense masculine scent with a surprising freshness. It’s as close to the sea as you’ll get without actually going there.
Top Notes: Mint Leaves, Italian Lemon Zest and Green Apple
Middle Notes: Tonka Beans, Geranium Lower and Vanilla
Base Notes: Cedar wood, Vetyver and Oak Moss
Ideal for summertime and daily use.