6 Best Creed Colognes 2022
Creed is a well-established brand in the fragrance world.
Their scents, while higher in price, are very unique and well suited to a more elite class of gentlemen who want to stand apart from the rest of the crowd.
On our list below, we highlight the best Creed cologne fragrances and offer you a bit of insight into how and when each one should be used.
For those of you who may be new to fragrances, we also provide you with a bit of info that will help you understand some of the basic terminology.
Before You Select
Before you choose a Creed fragrance, there are a few things to take into consideration:
- Price. As a high-end product, it also has a higher price tag. This is to be expected since the percentage of concentrated oils in the fragrance is higher in eau de toilette sprays (we’ll discuss this more in detail below).
Also, the ingredients they use come from very specific areas in order to render the fragrances all the more unique.
- Occasion. Decide if you’d like something for casualwear or for formal occasions.
Remember that the season can also change the overall effect of the fragrance you choose.
Top 6 Creed Colognes Table
|1. Aventus Creed||Millésime||4 oz.||$$$$||4.3|
|2. Silver Mountain||Eau de Parfum||4 oz.||$$||4.3|
|3. Millesime Imperial||Millésime||4 oz.||$||4.1|
|4. Virgin Island Water||Eau de Parfum||4 oz.||$$||4.1|
|5. Green Irish Tweed||Millésime||4 oz.||$$$||3.8|
|6. Vetiver||Eau de Parfum||4 oz.||$$$||3.8|
Cologne vs Other Fragrances
If you’re new to fragrance terminology, we thought a quick breakdown of the terminology would help you better understand the differences. While you’re initial search was for the best Creed cologne, you may actually be more interested in an eau de toilette or a millésime.
There are major differences between a “cologne” and an “eau de toilette,” and then we have Creed who made up a term of their own: millésime. We’ll explain it for you below.
Bottles of fragrance contain different concentration of essences in them, so the higher the concentration, the longer it will last (in terms of hours) and the more it will cost.
- Perfume: Contains 20-30% concentrated oils and lasts around 12 hours.
- Eau de Parfum/ Millésime: Contains 15-20% concentrated oils and lasts around 6-8 hours. Creed’s unique term “millésime” fits in this category, yet the term doesn’t really have a solid definition in the world of fragrances.
- Eau de Toilette: Contains 5-15% concentrated oils and lasts 4-6 hours.
- Eau de Cologne: Contains 2-4% concentrated oils and lasts 3-4 hours.
Creed is known best for its eau de parfum and millésime fragrances, yet since they both fall into the same category, it’s hard for the average shopper to understand the real difference.
What Are Notes?
Creed has been around since 1760 and they have quite a complex array of scents available.
From the first spray to a few hours after it’s been on, there is a rainbow of smells that will come out as time passes. These are the “notes” of the fragrance.
- Top Notes: What you detect immediately after spraying a fragrance.
- Middle Notes: The scents you will begin to detect once the top notes have worn off. These are also referred to as Heart Notes.
- Base Notes: Last to come into play are the base notes, which you will notice once the heart notes have worn off.
You may want to think twice before nixing a scent on the first spray. The longer you wear it, the more scents will come out and you might actually be missing out on something that compliments your chemistry.
As a rule of thumb, it’s best to spray and wait!
Top 3 Best Creed Cologne Reviews
If you’re looking for a rich, sophisticated scent, then Aventus is a great match for you. It has a light fruitiness to it and helps you exude your strength and success as a man.
- Top Notes: Corsican Black Currant, Italian Bergamot, French Calville Blane Apples, Royal Pineapple
- Middle Notes: Napoleon Roses, Louisiana Birch, Egyptian Jasmine and Patchouli
- Base Notes: Spanish Oak moss, Ambergris and French Vanilla
Appropriate for all of the finer moments in life: special outings, formal events or romantic candlelit dinners for two.
Get a little closer to nature with Creed’s Silver Mountain Water eau de parfum. It is extremely fresh and clean, with a light marine scent that is perfect for daily use at the office or just because.
- Top Notes: Bergamot and Mandarin
- Middle Notes: Green Tea and Black Currant
- Base Notes: Galbanum, Musk, sandalwood and Petit Grain
Excellent in the warmer months of spring through late summer.
This is ideal for those of you who enjoy fresh citrusy fragrances. It is sophisticated and versatile, two very sought after qualities in a fragrance.
- Top Notes: Crisp Fruit, Sea Salt
- Middle Notes: Sicilian Lemon, Bergamot, Mandarin and Florentine Iris
- Base Notes: Musk, Wood and Marine
Appropriate to wear for any occasion: from a day at the office to a night on the town.